So. Thursday night, Aug. 22, I was made aware that Ben Affleck was cast as Batman for the upcoming sequel to “Man of Steel.” I don’t like Ben Affleck. I can’t give you specific reasons for this, but I think it has something to do with his relationship with Matt Damon, who I really don’t like. You know they’re cousins?! (Tenth cousins, OK, but still. Cousins.) So, for your entertainment, here’s a GIF guide to my reaction to the news.
*We are apparently calling this phenomenon “Batfleck,” because the Internet.
“Ha! Ben Affleck? This has to be from The Onion. Hilarious!“
“Too funny. Could you believe if they actually did that?!”
“…What do you mean you’re being serious?”
“Let me just check really quick. I don’t believe you.”
“Wait… what’s this on Twitter? And Facebook? And CNN?!”
“Jesus Pete on a bicycle. WHAT?!”
“I mean, what?”
“Of all the men ON THE ENTIRE EARTH…”
“…they chose BEN AFFLECK?”
“Do you get it? I don’t get it.”
“Here’s the thing, though: I WON’T ALLOW IT.”
“What do you mean I can’t do anything about it? I’m me. People like me.”
“OK, Life. OK. You win this hand.”
All images courtesy of tumblr.
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)