We’re doing a little something different this week. Instead of telling you about our awkward, we’re showing it. Yep, we dug through mom and dad’s box of embarrassing photos to bring you some of our real gems of Halloween costumes over the years. Maybe we’ll inspire you for your own costume this year though more likely it will resonate more as a what not to wear or ever do to your future children.
MELISSA: “CRUELLA D’ CRAZY”
ERIN: “GENIE IN A PAPER BAG”
SIMONE: “PETAL PUSHER”
HOPE: “THE COW SAYS ‘MOO'”
KIRSTIE: “I SHOULDN’T HAVE DREAMED OF JEANNIE”
So what were your most awkward Halloween costumes? Pics or it didn’t happen! Tweet us @litdarling
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
Nonono. See those aren’t awkward…those are super cute!
Back in high school my boyfriend and I agreed that we would pick each other’s costumes to wear to school. The idea was that we would make each other look absolutely ridiculous. So I sent him to school dressed as a baby with footie pajamas and a pacifier and everything. But it backfired!! All the girls thought he was the cutest thing ever!
Meanwhile I spent the day in a gigantic orange trash bag, ostensibly dressed as a pumpkin. It was ugly and scratchy and awful — even worse than the teal sequins I wore to prom that year! But that’s another story…