A moment of silence, Darlings.
There are certainly a number of things going on right now in music that are exciting and fresh.
But today, we humbly take a step back from the keyboard to take a moment of silence to honor a holiday that’s sometimes easy to forget or miss or overlook in the bustle of our busy lives (though it shouldn’t be).
This Veterans Day, Aural Fixation goes dark for a day in memory of all the songs of all the heroes that have never been sung.
Whether you listen to Alanis or All Saints, Britney or Bach, The Cure or Carrie Underwood, dubstep or didgeridoo—just remember that choice is yours, thanks in no small part to the hundreds of thousands of men and women that have bolstered the ranks of our country’s armed forces and fought for our right to choose in the first place.
To every crackling song heard over an international transistor radio, to every distant melody that reminded you of home, to every tune that helped you bravely make it there and back again: Here’s to you, veterans.
Because, truly, the sweetest song of all is freedom.
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)