WANTED: SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN (REMOTE AVAILABILITY)
While we don’t believe in unpaid internships, to be fully transparent, no one on Literally, Darling gets paid. We do this out of the love and the conviction of creating an online magazine catering to and written by twenty-something and millennial women (and some guys!), to provide a place where they can live outside of the stereotypes the media likes to attach to our generation and gender, and without being grouped into a niche.
And we hope you have that same conviction. Right now we are looking for an intern for this summer. Most work will be social media geared, however you can work with our editorial board to design an internship around your strengths. All applicants must be college students.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Social Media promotion across platforms and sites
- Establish relationships with similar sites
- Help brainstorm and generate social media content and strategies with our social media editor
- Help with special projects, giveaways, and occasionally live-tweet events
- Work with the editorial board and social media editor on various projects
- Finding lots and lots of GIFs
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, G+, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc.)
- Reliable internet and email access
- Facebook availability (much of our planning and organizing is done via a private Facebook group)
- Writing and editing skills, graphic design skills are a plus
- Flexible schedule and 10–12 hours a week
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Some bangin’ references and an awesome addition to your resume (and also a beautiful letter of recommendation). Seriously we’ve given references and folks have been hired.
- Access to women in multiple professions across multiple states (and countries) who you will be working closely and forming professional bonds with. (Well, semi-professional. How professional can you really be in a group of women who bond over cat GIFs?)
- Experience and education.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email email@example.com with subject line “SUMMER INTERN”
- Writing sample
- A brief introduction about yourself and why you want to be our intern
- A GIF of your choosing
DEADLINE TO APPLY: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25TH
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)