June’s writer of the month is inspired by the upswing in popularity we’ve seen in one of Rachel’s older articles, “My Boyfriend is 27 Years Older Than Me and It’s Not Big Deal.” Originally submitted as a guest article, it has continuously been a piece we’ve received quite a bit of feedback on, from the negative, “OMG WTF?” to hordes of women writing in saying, “Thank you, I, too, am dating an older man and nobody ever seems to understand us.”
That’s actually a common theme amidst Rachel’s writing; she tackles topics that people often have a lot of big misconceptions about, breaks them down, and shows you a more relatable side. A side even, that makes you second guess your own prejudices on the topic, whether it’s dating an older man, battling cancer, or working with the homeless. For that reason, and just because we love her, Rachel is our June Writer of the Month.
Must-Read Articles by Rachel:
Favorite Quote by Rachel:
Some days, I have to go into the bathroom to calm myself down and force the tears back, and some days I look around the conference room, filled with men over 40, and I am proud: proud that I have earned my spot on this team, that I am young, that I am a woman, and that I am doing it.
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)