This month’s pick for the Literally, Darling Book Club is “Gone Girl” by Gillian Flynn. It’s time to give into the hype and (finally) read this book before the movie adaptation releases on Oct. 3, 2014!
“Gone Girl” is a No. 1 New York Times best-selling mystery novel primarily set in North Carthage, Missouri. Amy Dunne is kidnapped on the eve of her fifth wedding anniversary, and her husband, Nick, goes from pitied spouse to prime suspect in a matter of days. Flynn takes us inside Amy and Nick’s troubled marriage, through layoffs, big moves and years of lies. Did he kill his wife? Is she ever coming home?
While you read, keep these discussion points in mind:
- Amy’s fixation with being the “cool girl” and how that affects…everything.
- Pick a side. Nick or Amy?
- Who do you think the victim was? Was there a victim?
- The narrative is divided into two parts. How well did this play out?
We’ll pick up our discussion on Monday, Sept. 29, 2014. Follow along with us on Twitter! #ReadWithLD @litdarling
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)