It’s official: Adam Driver is having his big screen moment. Everywhere you turn he’s making headlines for his back-t0-back movie releases. Last month he acted opposite Daniel Radcliffe in “What If” and next year he’ll take on a villainous role in “Star Wars: Episode VII.”
This month, Driver stars in two films: “This Is Where I Leave You,” the star-studded dramedy, and “Tracks,” a story of self-discovery. Both films are out in theaters on September 19. Which of Driver’s films will you run to the movies to see? Share your pick with us on Twitter @litdarling.
“This Is Where I Leave You”
Based on the novel by Jonathan Tropper, “This Is Where I Leave You” is about a dysfunctional family forced to sit Shiva together for a week to fulfill their father’s final wish. Driver stars alongside Jason Bateman, Tina Fey, Jane Fonda, Rose Byrne, and Corey Stoll in what looks like a humorous, heartbreaking, yet hopeful story. Will the family make it through the week stronger than they were before? I’m betting yes. At the end of the day, family is the most important thing you have. If you can’t appreciate them during difficult times, you’re doing something wrong.
A movie moment decades in the making, “Tracks” is based on Robyn Davidson’s best-selling memoir about her solo trek across the Australian outback. The film stars Mia Wasikowska opposite a softer than normal Driver as a National Geographic photographer capturing the trip on camera. The long journey looks nothing short of emotional and an amazing story worth experiencing.
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)