WANTED: SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN (REMOTE AVAILABILITY)
While we don’t believe in unpaid internships, to be fully transparent, no one on Literally, Darling gets paid. We do this out of the love and the conviction of creating an online magazine catering to and written by twenty-something and Millennial women (and some guys!), to provide a place where they can live outside of the stereotypes the media likes to attach to our generation and gender, and without being grouped into a niche.
And we hope you have that same conviction. Right now we are looking for interns for this spring semester. Most work will be social media geared, however you can work with our editorial board to design an internship around your strengths. All applicants must be college students. Because we do not pay, we request college students so that we can reimburse you for your work by possibly getting you class credit.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Social Media promotion across multiple platforms and sites
- Establish relationships with similar sites
- Help brainstorm and generate social media content and strategies with our social media editor
- Work with graphics editor to create graphics and promotional banners
- Help with special projects, giveaways, and occasionally live-tweet events
- Assist with posting articles according to SEO standards (don’t worry, we’ll teach you those)
- Work with the editorial board and social media editor on various projects
- Finding lots and lots of GIFs
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, G+, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc.)
- Reliable internet and email access
- Facebook availability (much of our planning and organizing is done via a private Facebook group)
- Writing and editing skills, graphic design skills are a plus
- Flexible schedule and 10–12 hours a week
WHAT DO YOU GET?