It’s December, and darlings, it’s cold out there. When you can’t risk a higher heating bill, and a favorite sweater just won’t do the trick, resorting to drinking is the way to go. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic alike, here are LD’s favorite cozy warm winter drinks for December.
Coffee, plain and simple. Especially when you get up early to see what’s under that tree, this classic beverage is sure to make even the naughtiest morning person a nice one.
Hot cocoa, of course. Extra dark. Spike with a shot of marshmallow vodka for bonus points.
Classic Chai. Homemade or from a bag, add a generous dollop of honey, some milk or cream, and stir with a cinnamon stick.
Maple Bourbon Chai Tea Toddy. The spice of chai with the sweetness of maple. Oh, and with a little something, extra of course (ie, bourbon).
Irish Hazelnut Cream. Nuff said.
Red Hot Apple Cider. Throw a few Red Hots into your sizzling cider for a bit of extra spice.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate or a Peppermint Mocha: Because nothing makes chocolate or coffee better than a little peppermint. Add peppermint schnapps to your favorite hot chocolate for an “adult” version. Don’t forget the whipped cream and cinnamon on top!
What is keeping you warm this winter? Let us know @litdarling!
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)