With their medium length, the subtle grace and beauty of midi skirts is often overlooked for dramatic sweeping maxis and leg-bearing mini skirts. However, the classic style is romantic and reminiscent of vintage glamour and dreamy tea parties and can be dressed up or down for a surprisingly wearable new addition to your wardrobe. Throw on some black tights and a fitted jacket, and midi skirts are the ultimate seasonal transition piece. From prim and proper pleats to flowy crepe or chiffon, midi skirts are a great way to play with shape.
Play off the feminine, retro vibe with gold accents and nostalgic embellishments. Pair a full skirt in a rich print with a simple top in an easy, cool cut. Fierce cat eye sunnies complete the throwback aura.
Juxtapose the playful, whimsical vibe of a mid-length tulle skirt with simple black accents and edgy, geometric jewelry.
A simple crepe or chiffon midi skirt is versatile and can be dressed up or down. A basic chambray top is the perfect canvas to pile on lots of modern accesories. The fitted top balances the flowy feminine skirt.
Pencil skirts are a classic go-to for a polished flattering look. Balance the fitted bottoms with a looser blouse. Try blush for a softer update to the classic crisp white top.
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)