Not too long ago, Buzzfeed came out with a list reasoning why Luke Danes is the perfect man. Kudos to Buzzfeed for putting together a list celebrating the rugged diner owner from the series “Gilmore Girls,” but I’ve thought of a few other reasons why Luke Danes is indeed, the Perfect Man.
1) He knows food. He cooks breakfast food, bakes pies, can whip up a cheesecake, put together a fancy Italian dish, and serve you the best honest to goodness fries.
2) He’s a mountain man. Fishing? Check. Camping? Check. Owns a knife that can amputate a foot? Check. Oh, and he knows how to pull off flannel.
3) Believe it or not, but he’s an artisan. That’s right, but not only can he cook beautiful things, but he is a badass wood carver. Foliage and goats on a chuppah? Check it:
4) He loves his family, even if they can be a pain in his tush. He helped his sis, Liz, out at the Renaissance Fair when she got in a car wreck, he made his brother-in-law T.J. believe in his shelving building abilities, and he was the best uncle he could be to one Jess Mariano. He even kept his dad’s old hardware store pretty much the same.
5) He hooks you up with the best of the best. Remember when he became the sponsor for the girl’s soccer team? He got them high-quality fabrics, good stitching, and even some hats. As Lorelai said, Hello Daddy Warbucks.
6) If you and snow are having a bad day, he’ll make you your very own ice skating rink in your own front yard.
7) He’ll move your mattress in, move it out, try to move it in again, and then he’ll end up storing it, possibly forever.
8) He’s an awesome friend, and knows how to take care of people…even if you’re quirky like Kirk, he’ll run after your naked butt around town, and then find someone to pick the thorns out of your arse.
9) Even if he doesn’t want to, he’ll watch your dog and rush him to the vet in the middle of the night when he gets sick. Yep, he’s a reluctant animal-lover.
10) A bunch of 13-year-olds nicknamed him Hagrid. Obviously, you can be a perfect man without getting kids to love you, but the fact that he evidently shares enough traits with the sensitive and burly Hogwarts gamekeeper to earn him the name Hagrid gets him an extra man-point.
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)