Summer’s stifling heat transforms layers of makeup and piles of accessories into an increasingly unappealing notion. During sundress season, when one-piece outfits are acceptable and even eagerly embraced, elaborate adornment (basically anything beyond simply sliding on a pair of sunglasses) becomes smothering and tiresome. An enduring emblem of glamour and mystique, chic shades are summer’s ultimate accessory. Paired with a fresh face and a swipe of the perfect lipstick shade, the right sunglasses make warm weather glamour an effortless two-step. From classic elegance to contemporary edge, find your steady go-to or experiment with the endless combinations of shades to amp up your daily summer routine.
1. Edgy frames and electric lip
Modern metallic frames with a neon magenta lipstick make for a fabulously fearless and delightfully unexpected pair.
Invader Shades, $40
2. Modern cat eye and nude lip
Channel old Hollywood glamour with an oversized take on classic black cat eye frames paired with a soft nude lip.
Black Cat Eye Sunglasses, $350
3. Reflective lenses and coral lip
Mirrored lenses paired with bright, coral lipstick are stunningly summery and clear frames draw attention to the tropical pop of color.
4. Tortoise frames and berry lip
Timeless tortoise frames and a rich berry lip create a warm, demure vibe.
H&M Sunglasses, $9.95
5. Geometric frames and sheer lip
With modern metal cutouts, all that’s needed to accent these killer Quay shades is a soft, neutral lip.
For a fresh look, keep your palette mod and monochromatic; try covering your lids and lips in magnetic magenta.
Quay Frankie Sunglasses, $34.99
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)