Here’s the deal: Amy Schumer is a gift from above. Dare I say, a national treasure? Yes, I dare say so. The comedy legend (she is seriously) has been touring around the country promoting her summer film, “Trainwreck,” and the third season of her hilarious Comedy Central show, “Inside Amy Schumer.” She recently was on the cover of Entertainment Weekly and featured on Time’s 100 Most Influential People list. If you don’t know everything about the bubbly, brazen blonde GET WITH THE PROGRAM!
1. She is funny, obviously. Hello, watch her show.
2. She is honest.
3. She is a feminist role model.
4. She makes shit happen for herself. Example: She wrote & stars in “Trainwreck.”
5. She openly talks about sex and reminds us we shouldn’t be ashamed to talk about it either.
6. She is never afraid to look ridiculous for comedy’s sake.
7. She says what we are all thinking.
8. She is a great sister. (We want to be BFF with her sister Kim, a.k.a. her “road manager,” too!)
9. She is supportive of other wonderful performers.
10. She is trying to make the world a better place for all of us, especially women.
“I make the funniest people in the country laugh, and they are my friends. I am a great friend and an even better sister. I have fought my way through harsh criticism and death threats for speaking my mind. I am alive, like the strong women in this room before me. I am a hot-blooded fighter and I am fearless.”—Excerpt from Amy’s speech on confidence at the Gloria Awards and Gala.
Thanks for being you, girl. I’m so glad you were born.
Don’t be an idiot, tune into Comedy Central Tuesdays at 10:30 ET to watch the season 3 premiere of “Inside Amy Schumer!”
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)