WANTED: SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN (REMOTE AVAILABILITY)
While we don’t believe in unpaid internships, to be fully transparent, no one on Literally, Darling gets paid. We do this out of the love and the conviction of creating an online magazine catering to and written by twenty-something and Millennial women (and some guys!), to provide a place where they can live outside of the stereotypes the media likes to attach to our generation and gender, and without being grouped into a niche.
And we hope you have that same conviction. Right now we are looking for interns for this summer with immediate availability. Most work will be social media geared, however you can work with our editorial board to design an internship around your strengths. All applicants must be college students. Because we do not pay, we request college students so that we can reimburse you for your work by possibly getting you class credit.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Social Media promotion across multiple platforms and sites
- Establish relationships with similar sites
- Help brainstorm and generate social media content and strategies with our social media editor
- Work with graphics editor to create graphics and promotional banners
- Help with special projects, giveaways, and occasionally live-tweet events
- Assist with posting articles according to SEO standards (don’t worry, we’ll teach you those)
- Work with the editorial board and social media editor on various projects
- Finding lots and lots of GIFs
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, G+, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc.)
- Reliable internet and email access
- Facebook availability (much of our planning and organizing is done via a private Facebook group)
- Writing and editing skills, graphic design skills are a plus
- Flexible schedule and 10 hours a week, preferably during 10-4PM ET hours
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Some bangin’ references and an awesome addition to your resume (and also a beautiful letter of recommendation). (Seriously we’ve given references and folks have been hired.)
- Access to women in multiple professions across multiple states (and countries) who you will be working closely and forming professional bonds with. (Well, semi-professional. How professional can you really be in a group of women who bond over cat GIFs?)
- A crash course in graphic design and a budding portfolio to show off!
- Hard statistics showing how you grew our social media presence that will make you look like a boss
- Experience and education.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email email@example.com with subject line “SUMMER INTERN”
- Relevant experience in social media
- Availability (time of day, start date)
- Writing sample
- A brief introduction about yourself and why you want to be our intern
- Links to your social media handles (Twitter, Pinterest, IG, etc.)
- A GIF of your choosing (seriously, don’t leave this out, we get super disappointed.)
DEADLINE TO APPLY: SUNDAY, JUNE 14, 2015
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)