England-born and France-based, actress Jane Birkin has become a favorite of film and fashion. Her affinity for sultry simplicity and boho basics make her a timeless style icon.
With her face-framing fringe and repertoire of carefree seventies style, she exudes a certain effortless je ne sais quoi. While her mystique might not be found at the bottom of her namesake Hermès bag, there are more affordable, attainable ways to capture the essence of her easy style.
1. Breezy Boho Blouses
Nothing says bohemian ease like a billowy white peasant blouse paired with simple basics like an ankle-skimming skirt or worn-in denim.
2. Chic Shifts
A structured silhouette and retro prints make a classic shape playfully posh or professional and polished.
3. Flare Denim
Jane had a flare for simple style. A faded wash and distressed details are relaxed and retro.
4. Striped Tees
Neutral stripes are a crisp and comfortable classic.
5. Structured Skirts
Even the freest of spirits can use a little order. A simple skirt paired with a basic blouse are Riviera-ready.
Tossing on a few simple accessories completes the stylish subtlety of Jane’s jet setting look. Her signature straw bag became a staple in her wardrobe. Pair with simple layered pendants and a retro boater hat.
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)