Editor’s Note: This post has been republished to give everyone eating endless amounts of pasta during the coronavirus quarantine some duly appropriate dinner music. So boil that 10th pot of noodles, put a candle in one of your empty wine glasses, and show Italy some love.
Everyone loves Italian food (er, right?). One thing that I do while I cook, which sometimes makes the food taste better and always makes the cooking more enjoyable, is listen to music, especially music that is from the same culture or nation of the food I’m preparing. So to get into the Italian cooking jam, I’ve put together a playlist to listen to while whipping up or eating eggplant parmigiana (my fave), fettuccine alfredo, the simply delicious bruschetta, or whatever your favorite Italian food happens to be.
This playlist is pretty heavy on the classic sounds of Dean Martin, with a few Italian traditional songs, and a special song that will bring to mind two dogs, meatballs, and a long piece of spaghetti.
“Mambo Italiano” – Dean Martin
“Luna Mezzo Mare” – Dean Martin
“Bella Notte” – George Givot, Bill Thompson, Disney Studio Chorus
“That’s Amore – 1966 Digital Remaster” – Dean Martin
“Funiculi Funicula” – Italian Music Pop Band
“Mala Femmina” – Jerry Vale
“Buona Sera – 2002 Digital Remaster” – Louis Prima
“Santa Lucia” – Italian Mandolin Torna A Surriento
“Volare (Nel Blu Di Pinto Di Blu) – 1998 – Remastered” – Dean Martin
“O Sole Mio” – Italian Mandolin Torna A Surriento
“Tarantella Napoletana” – Orchestra Italiana Napoletana
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)