By Catherine Wiley
Every restaurant nowadays has gluten-free meals on their menu. But wouldn’t it be great if you could prepare the same kind of delicious meals at your home? Imagine hosting dinner parties with foods that could be enjoyed by all of your friends who don’t eat wheat. We bet there’s a lot of them since avoiding gluten is an immensely popular trend in 2020. This article gives you five gluten-free recipes that are easy to prepare.
So take out your kitchen utensils and get ready for some cooking without gluten.
1. Vegetable Curry in Coconut Cream
If you’re looking for gluten-free recipes healthy meals, then a nice curry for some rice is the way to go. So what are good gluten-free recipes consist of? Let’s see!
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small onions, sliced and diced
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut
- 15 ounces of coconut milk (go for the full-fat one)
- 2 cups of frozen vegetables, a mix of corn, carrots, peas
- 2 cups of cauliflower
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Basmati rice
How to make it:
- First, cook the onion soft in the tablespoon of olive oil. Use a large pan for that and choose a medium temperature.
- Pour in the potato pieces. Let them cook for a couple of minutes before adding the coconut milk.
- Add the vegetables and spices.
- Let it stew at a lower temperature for about 12 minutes.
- Cook the basmati rice simultaneously and serve them together.
2. Classical Greek Salad With Dressing
One of the best gluten-free recipes for dinner is the simple traditional greek salad.
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, cut into half
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup of olives, cut into half
- One red onion, sliced and diced
- 3 cups of feta cheese, crumbled
- A quarter of a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar, the red one
- Lemon juice from half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon of oregano, dried
- Sea salt
- Ground pepper
How to make it:
- Start off by preparing the salad. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Use a smaller bowl for the dressing. Put together the oregano, vinegar, lemon juice, and vinegar. Add pepper, salt, and olive oil.
It shouldn’t take anyone more than 20 minutes to prepare. So if you’re looking for gluten-free recipes for a quick summer snack, then this one is the best to go with.
3. There are gluten-free recipes even for pizza
Let’s look at a recipe for a pineapple pizza with ham.
- 2 potatoes
- 2 teaspoons of syrup
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 ounce of yeast
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup of rice flour
- Sea salt
- Some olive oil
- 4 ounces of bacon, cut into pieces
- Lime juice from 1 lime
- Gouda cheese
- 1/2 of red onion, sliced and diced
- 1/2 cup of gluten-free pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup of pineapple pieces, sliced
How to make it:
- Boil the potatoes until they’re tender, about 25 minutes. Remove the skin and mash the potatoes.
- Pour together the syrup, warm water, and yeast. Let this mixture sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mashed potatoes, some salt, and the rice flour. Pour it all into a bowl and mix it. Add the oil and the egg white, pour in the yeast mixture.
- Cover the bowl with some plastic wrap and let it sit for an hour. By then the dough should be increased by half.
- Make 3 balls out of the dough for 3 pizzas.
- Preheat the oven and rub some oil on the baking sheet. Press a dough ball into a thin disc.
- Bake the dough in the oven until it browns on the edges about 15 minutes. Then take the dough out.
- Mix the onions with the lime juice and let it sit for 12 minutes.
- Place the pineapple, bacon, Gouda, and the pizza sauce on the dough.
- Bake until the cheese melts.
This is one of those gluten-free recipes for easy to make dinners that leave your guests wanting for more. Guaranteed.
4. Chicken in Hemp
This one is one of the best gluten-free recipes on a budget.
- 1 cup of hemp seeds
- A few garlic cloves, minced
- Some salt
- Chicken breast or tenders
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil
How to make them:
- Cut the chicken into strips.
- Whisk the eggs.
- Dip the chicken first in the whisked eggs. Then in the hemp seeds.
- Let them sit on a baking sheet for 15 minutes.
- Pour some oil on them.
- Cook in the oven until they’re crispy.
5. Chocolate cake
Let’s finish with one of the best gluten-free recipes to bake for dessert: the chocolate cake.
- 6 ounces of chocolate
- 1 1/2 ounces of water
- 1/2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 5 eggs (separate the white from yolk)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the baking powder.
- Melt the chocolate and the butter. Add it to the mix.
- Pour all of it into a pan (previously greased).
- Bake until the cake is firm.
- Let it cool.
As you’ve seen by now, avoiding wheat flour forces you to get more creative in the kitchen and try out new flavors. The best part is that gluten-free recipes are tasty for everyone. So give some of our recipes a go. What have you got to lose?
How did you find our gluten-free yummy recipes? Are you going to try some of these out for your next dinner? Leave comments below, we’d love to hear from you.
Catherine Wiley is a writer and an entrepreneur with a passion for a gluten-free lifestyle. She loves cooking for friends and coming up with new recipes for dinner parties. Catherine also runs several blogs, one of them dedicated to wheat-free cooking. Her aim is to educate people all over the world about healthier food choices.
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)