By Carol Evenson
There are many situations in which you want to look your best, especially if you’ve been spending more time at home lately due to the pandemic. Whether you’re just getting out for a walk or meeting up with friends, you want to look fabulous, because when you shine people notice. More importantly, when you look your best, you also feel your best. You gain confidence, feel less stress and you’re more content. These are great traits to have! If you’re out of practice, or need a new routine and a few pointers, here are some tips to reveal the more gorgeous you.
1. Highlight Your Best Features
Accentuate the best parts of you. By using makeup to highlight the structure of your face, your face gets added dimension to make those features stand out. Whether it’s your eyes, your lips, or your cheeks, there are a few things you can do to really put the wow into your best assets.
If you have big, beautiful eyes, and even if you wish you did, add a brow kit to your lineup of beauty products. Use it to accentuate the shape and contours of your brows, which create a nice frame for your eyes.
For your lips, choose a shade of lipstick that compliments but doesn’t overpower. For added benefit, choose a brand that moisturizes your lips as you wear it. Finish it off with a liner that is a shade or two darker to give your lips shape and make them look full and kissable.
2. Wear Colors That Compliment Your Tone
Black looks great on anyone, but it deserves to be reserved for special occasions. And while you may look great in black, there are colors that make you look even better. Your skin has undertones that cause it to glow in certain colors.
- If you have an olive complexion or yellow undertones, your colors are warm. Choose bold colors such as red, gold, green, orange and turquoise. Choosing a chocolate color can give you an exotic flair.
- For skin with a bluish undertone, you look great in cool colors and bold red or pink. Blues and purples can make you look like royalty.
- If you can’t tell if you have an undertone, your skin is probably neutral. Try neutral colors, such as gray, taupe and navy blue with splashes of red, blue and green.
3. Nourish Your Hair
Dry hair is a real issue for lots of women, but it isn’t a lost cause. There are numerous products on the market that incorporate hydrates to give your hair a silky, smooth sheen. You can also try some natural remedies at home, such as avocado paste. It’s simple to make and you could have a different head of hair in just 20 minutes.
It’s important to avoid the cause of dry hair. Everyone loves hair that smells good, but try to resist the urge to wash your hair every day. When you do, you wash away the oils that naturally keep it moisturized. Also, allow your hair to dry naturally and don’t use the highest heat setting when you style your hair.
Getting regular trims and avoiding high heat are key to keeping your hair healthy. Also, eating healthy so you get plenty of vitamins and minerals can not only help your hair look great, it helps you look great.
4. Get Extra Support Where it Matters
You’ve probably seen advertisements that show the miracles created when using shapewear. While the results may not be as great as advertised, shapewear actually does help provide a firmer look.
The shapewear you choose doesn’t have to be uncomfortable, so don’t buy a size smaller thinking it will squeeze your waist to look thinner, because it won’t. You’ll likely still look your size, but the shapewear will keep things from jiggling.
Even shoes with a little height can give an extra toned look to the calves of your legs. High heels can be terrible on your feet, but shoes with a low heel will still give that calf muscle a little flex for a sexy look.
5. And Smile
This last one might sound cliche, but research shows it works. Smiling has a better impact on a person’s perceived attractiveness than losing weight or wearing makeup. That’s amazing. You’ve been worrying about your appearance and weight all these years and all you needed was a little smile!
But there’s a catch. Simply smiling isn’t going to cut it. You have to feel it and mean it. That may mean you need to try having a more positive outlook on life. Real smiles make you look healthy and happy, and other people are drawn to that.
No matter how long you’ve been locked indoors shying away from the rest of society and COVID-19, when you do step out of the house, you’re going to be the epitome of glamour. Beauty isn’t hard work, but it is a commitment.
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)