By Alex Green
Regardless of whether you are under the weather, experiencing some allergies, observing sports nutrition, or just in the mood for some refreshing flavored drink, healthy smoothies are always a good idea. Preventing diseases is among the key health promotion strategies. To achieve this, it is important to boost your immune system, reduce stress levels, and nourish the body. If you are looking to achieve this, the following healthy breakfast smoothies are beneficial.
1. Green Smoothie
The deliciously green smoothie is among the many healthy green smoothies with great benefits to the immune system. Unlike its appearance, the mixture is far from tasting anything green. It contains plenty of kale and spinach, which provide mega doses of vitamins, especially Vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant. Calcium, fiber, and folate contained in these ingredients also boost immunity and helps fight infection.
Like any other healthy smoothies for weight loss, the mixture also contains mango, kiwi, and pineapple, which pack additional Vitamin C and gives the drink its sweet slurp. Mango has proven effective in lowering cholesterol and can perhaps help protect the body from cancerous cells. A squeeze of lemon juice contributes to its fresh taste.
You can also include fresh ginger in the mix to ward off cold bugs. As you may know, ginger is effective in preventing pain, nausea, and inflammation. You can seal off your concoction with almond milk.
- 1-cup fresh spinach
- 1-cup water
- ½ cup of frozen mango
- 1 banana
As for the preparation, you shouldn’t follow any specific healthy smoothie recipes. Simply mix and blend all the ingredients together.
2. Cranberry Smoothies
Berries, especially strawberries and blueberries, are among the common go-to fruits when preparing healthy smoothies. However, the use of cranberries in making healthy fruit smoothies has been on the surge, thanks to its rich nutrient content. Besides being among the best healthy morning smoothies to energize, cranberry concoctions are an excellent option if you have a cold/flu, are looking for a quick fix, or if you generally need to eat something healthy.
Like other healthy breakfast smoothies, you need several ingredients when preparing this concoction. Preparing this healthy smoothie also doesn’t follow a specific recipe. This is beneficial for those who don’t know how to make healthy smoothies.
Besides being a great source of Vitamin C, cranberries have higher antioxidant concentrations than any other fruit. They are also rich in fiber and Vitamin E and K. Note that cranberries can taste tart, but the banana and orange juice inclusion should balance out the taste.
- ½ banana
- ½ cup frozen cranberries
- ¼ cup frozen wild blueberries
- ¼ cup of orange juice
- ¼ cup of low-fat Greek yogurt
- Mix all the ingredients and blend until they are smooth
3. Granola and Fruit Smoothie
The Granola and Fruit concoction is among the many healthy smoothies you should also consider including in your breakfast for many reasons. Preparing this healthy smoothie requires several ingredients. Some key ingredients include granola, sliced banana, plain Greek yogurt, cinnamon powder, apple, flaxseed powder, maple syrup or honey, and ice.
Just like when preparing other easy healthy smoothies, you don’t need a lot of expertise to prepare the granola and fruit concoction. As you may know, granola is a common healthy breakfast cereal with a plethora of benefits. For starters, it is calorie-dense, which provides the much-needed energy to kickstart your day. It is also rich in fiber, proteins, and micronutrients.
In particular, it adds iron, zinc, copper, magnesium, B and E Vitamins, and selenium to the body. The ingredients in this healthy mixture are powerful antioxidants, boost gut immunity, and reduce cholesterol levels.
- 2/3 cup of yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of frozen berries
- 1 large handful of spinach leaves
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- ¼ cup of granola
- Crash the granola in the blender to coarse particles
- Add soymilk, Greek yogurt, honey, and other ingredients to the mixture and continue blending
4. Mixed Berry and Banana Smoothie
With a light texture and great flavor, Mixed Berry and Banana concoctions are among the popular healthy smoothies for kids with great nutritional value. The healthy smoothie is a full meal in itself, as the mixed berries and banana combination make a perfect combination of great taste and health.
This healthy smoothie contains frozen mixed berries, low-fat yogurt, fresh orange juice, cinnamon, and banana. The combination boasts of rich Vitamin C content, which is vital in boosting the immune system.
That aside, the nutrients in this healthy smoothie significantly reduce inflammation, lowers the risk of developing chronic conditions such as obesity and heart disease, and improves digestion. Similarly, if you rarely eat fruits, these healthy smoothies are a great way to increase your servings.
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup of frozen ripe banana
- ½ cup of low-fat yogurt
- ¼ cup of fresh orange juice
- 1tsp of cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients and blend until they are smooth
5. Orange Turmeric and Yogurt Smoothie
The perfect combination of California walnuts, yogurt, and turmeric packs this healthy smoothie with great superfoods and good body fats. The mixture contains orange juice, California walnuts, banana, turmeric, vanilla yogurt, honey, cinnamon, and vanilla extracts.
The immune-boosting benefits of this healthy smoothie are as follows;
- Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant with medicinal use for several centuries. Research on its ability to prevent cancer is still ongoing.
- Orange packs a lot of Vitamin C, which directly boosts the immune system.
- Banana is added for various nutritious properties as well. Besides, it aids in balancing the taste of other ingredients.
- Cinnamon brings forth several medicinal properties with powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Other optional ingredients in this healthy smoothie, such as maple sugar, oats, and coconut kefir, also provide a wide array of benefits to the immune system.
- ½ cup of frozen mango cubes
- ½ cup of orange juice
- ¼ cup of vanilla yogurt
- 2 tbsp of walnuts
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of vanilla extract
- As with other healthy smoothies, combine all the ingredients and blend until they are smooth
Snacking on easy and convenient healthy smoothies packs your body with powerful antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that can kick-start your body’s immune system. This explains why healthy morning smoothies are currently on the rage. They are easy to make and provide endless health benefits. If you have benefited from healthy smoothies not mentioned in the list above, suggest them in the comments section below.
About the Author
Alex Green is a copywriter with three years of experience. He is fond of healthy living and knows everything about home improvement. In his spare time, Alex likes walking with his golden retriever, meeting with friends, and attending the gym
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)