If you’re looking to improve your home but don’t want to break the bank or spend weeks on end in construction, consider adding a new backsplash, updating your kitchen countertops, or installing new bathroom tile. These quick updates can make a big impact on the overall look of your home and can be completed throughout the weekend.
Install Gutter Covers
Gutter covers effectively prevent leaves, twigs, and other debris from clogging your gutters. They’re also a great way to keep birds and other wildlife from the gutter system. If you’ve been noticing clogs in your gutters recently, or if you would like to keep debris out of them for good, gutter covers are a great investment.
If you decide you’d like some gutter cover protection for your home this spring, you can install new plastic covers on top of existing gutters for $50 per 100 feet or less, depending on the number of corners. Gutter covers with mesh screens will cost about $10-$15 more per 100 feet than standard plastic guards but offer greater protection from bird droppings and other unwanted materials getting into the gutters themselves.
Gutters are usually installed when a new roof is installed, so adding them as part of a re-roofing project may work well since they’ll already be in place. Even if not having them at all isn’t going to affect your home’s function too much yet, it’s still worth considering adding these easy-to-install devices now rather than later because they will only become more difficult over time once things start to rust!
Paint a Room
Painting a room is the fastest way to impact your home in the least amount of time. It’s also very easy to do, especially if working with a paint sprayer or roller. And with so many colors and styles to choose from, there’s no reason anyone can’t find something that works for them! You could easily paint a room in the afternoon or even over the weekend.
Update Your Hardware
Consider updating your hardware if you’re looking for the perfect weekend project. You can do so in various ways, ranging from replacing door knobs and hinges to installing new cabinet handles or knob sets. In our modern world, it’s important to have friendly-looking hardware that fits with your decor — and makes you feel comfortable opening doors and cabinets!
Make Small Fixes to Windows
If your windows have screens, it’s a great idea to replace them as soon as possible. These can be expensive to replace, but if you’re handy with tools and have the right supplies on hand, replacing them yourself may be worth it. If not, check out your local hardware store for affordable options.
Sills are often overlooked when considering home improvements and renovations because they’re not always visible from inside the home. Still, they are crucial to ensuring that there are no leaks when it rains outside or when rain coats the exterior walls of a structure during the winter months (if you live in colder climates). Repairing any problems with sills now before doing anything else with windows themselves will save money down the road!
Do Something Fun with Your Kitchen Cabinets
These are what you can do to your kitchen cabinets:
- Replace the hardware — Cabinet pulls and knobs can be a simple way to change the look of your kitchen cabinets completely. Just make sure that they match the style of your kitchen, whether it’s modern or traditional.
- Replace the cabinet doors — If you don’t want to spend thousands on new cabinets, consider replacing just the doors instead! You could even paint them in a fun color that suits your personality or decorating scheme.
- Stain and paint for an instant refresh! — If you have dark wood cabinets, try painting them a lighter color like off-white or beige (if you’re feeling adventurous). It gives them a fresh look while still keeping their warmth intact — and if they get dirty over time (as all kitchens do), clean them with soap and water instead of replacing them entirely!
You Can Easily Renovate Your Home This Weekend
We hope this list helps you get excited about doing some easy renovations in your home. Renovation doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive. With the right tools, a little time, and creativity, you can do any of these projects in just one weekend! If you’re feeling inspired by one of these projects but aren’t sure where to start, we recommend that you check out our blog post on styling your home. Happy renovating!
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)