There are a variety of elements to consider, ranging from rates to family medical history, to make an informed decision and purchase the best cancer care policy. A cancer insurance policy is tailored to fit your unique treatment needs. While purchasing any type of insurance plan, there are a few general guidelines to bear in mind. However, when it comes to cancer care policy, you must be thoroughly informed.
Here Are A Few Factors To Consider When Buying A Cancer Care Policy
# FACTOR 1: Does The Cancer Care Policy Cover Multiple Stages?
Before you invest in a cancer care policy, make sure you understand the benefits at each stage. The best cancer care policy is the one that covers all the stages of the illness. Let’s look at the three broad stages of critical illness such as cancer.
– Minor Stage: When cancer is detected in its early stages, that is, when the malignant tissue has been discovered but has not yet infiltrated neighboring cells.
– Major Stage: The existence of malignant tissue that has begun infiltrating and killing the tissues around it characterizes the major stage. At this point, your doctor may recommend chemo or radiation therapy.
– Critical Stage: This is referred to as stage four by cancer specialists. Once cancer has progressed to a more advanced stage, therapy costs a lot and leaves you with a high financial burden. In addition, you will most likely be unable to work at this point. Therefore, your cancer insurance must cover the loss of income.
# FACTOR 2: Does Your Cancer Care Policy Have A Look-Up Period?
A look-up period is a period when you review your chosen cancer care policy, and if needed, you may cancel your plan if it doesn’t meet your requirements. Unfortunately, several cancer care policies do not provide this benefit, that is why you should always be vigilant while evaluating all the plans and choosing the right cancer care policy for yourself or your loved ones.
# FACTOR 3: Is Your Cancer Care Policy Flexible?
This is a must-have feature to look for. Your cancer care plan should have the option of paying your premiums monthly, quarterly, or yearly, depending on your financial situation. Furthermore, it must not jeopardize the tax benefits provided by section 80D for every term plan, health plan, and cancer insurance policy sold in India.
# FACTOR 4: How Much Is The Sum Insured?
Given the high expense of cancer treatment in India or abroad, selecting a plan that provides a large sum insured is important. You must be certain that this sum covers everything from your hospitalization bills to radiation or chemotherapy costs. In addition, you should be aware that a cancer plan is not a replacement for conventional health insurance.
Before purchasing the cancer care policy, always make sure to check the sum insured by the insurance company and choose the policy according to your criticalness of the disease and your financial capacity to pay the premiums of the policy.
# FACTOR 5: Do You Have a Family History Of Cancer?
When your genetic history or environmental factors make you more likely to acquire cancer, you should consider purchasing a cancer care policy beforehand so that you don’t run out of your savings to treat yourself or your loved ones. However, you should also keep in mind that these plans may not cover all types of cancer, including skin cancer or cancer caused by sexually transmitted diseases.
Finally, by reading about a plan online or visiting an insurance company offline, you should be able to find the perfect cancer care policy that provides you with the assistance and coverage that you desire. Among the others, explore options from reputable providers such as Care Insurance, as they are known for delivering exceptional services. The company even has a high claim settlement ratio and provides a wide range of cancer care policies that will always have your back in your time of illness.
With Care Insurance, you can purchase the right cancer care policy for you or your loved ones with just a single click. They are renowned for their excellent services and comprehensive insurance plans that keep you secured at the most critical of times. So, explore your options today!
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)